CARER SUPPORT SERVICE
This service offers support to unpaid carers of people aged 18-65 years with severe and enduring mental health problems. It is available in Central Norfolk, including Norwich City and most of Broadland, North Norfolk and South Norfolk areas.
We work with individual carers on a 1:1 basis and can visit at home or meet at any other suitable venue of your choice. We also operate carers' groups at venues across Central Norfolk - please contact us for details of those in your area. We have information available in Polish, Russian, Hungarian and Lithuanian on request.
We can assist carers by:
- Providing confidential advice and support, family support and advocacy and ensure that a Carer's Assessment has been carried out where appropriate
- Support carers in relation to any meetings that you may have with professionals
- Helping a carer access breaks and various forms of respite from their caring role
- Helping a carer access grants for learning and other types of support and equipment
- Providing training, mentoring and befriending to carers
You do not need a referral to use this service but referrals are welcome from statutory agencies such as Social Services, Mental Health Teams and General Practitioners